You are here
Responsible for setting up and cleaning off tables, for serving residents meals, and for minor food and drink prep tasks, and for helping to maintain the cleanliness of the dining room.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following. The Dietary Aide:
- Sets up tables with placemats and place settings.
- Checks levels of sugar, creamer, salt, pepper, etc., refilling as necessary.
- Portions and distributes desserts.
- Prepares beverages and maintains the proper temperature of such.
- Serves plates prepared by a cook to residents and informs cook of special needs.
- In cooperation with nursing staff, helps with trays of those requiring meals in their rooms.
- After residents are finished with meals, removes edibles from the table according to dietary routine.
- Clears tables of dishes, washes tables, wipes off condiment containers and chairs as necessary.
- Resets tables for the next meal according to dietary routine.
- Delivers snack box to resident floors daily.
- Assists in putting away food and kitchen supplies as delivered.
- Sweeps dining room floor. Mops floor according to schedule
- Assists Cook with food preparation for the meals
- Helps with cleaning duties in the kitchen/dining room as assigned
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Dietary Manager
- Washes dishes, pots, and pans.
- Food Service experience helpful but not necessary
- Food Handlers Card required
- Ability to follow oral & written directions
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs; to carry trays
- Must be able to bend and stretch as necessary
- Must be able to utilize a vacuum cleaner and mop
- Must be capable of completing the assigned duties in the time allotted
- Must be able to relate to the elderly, be courteous and helpful at all times
- Must be able to be flexible and patient with residents and their changing needs
- Appearance must be neat and clean; wears hair net or cap; observes proper personal hygiene practices