You are here
Job Title: Activities Aide
Supervisor: Activities Director, Administrator or Manager
Summary of the Position: The Activity Aide is responsible for conducting activity programs during the day, in the evening and on weekends, or whenever the Activity Director is not on-duty.
- Greet residents and visitors; direct them as needed to their desired destination.
- Answer the telephone as needed. Page nurse or other personnel as needed.
- Put names on newspapers and distribute newspapers to designated rooms.
- During evening and weekend activities make sure the phones are on the “night” mode.
- Inform Activity Director of supplies needed in advance.
- Respond to emergency calls by alerting the nursing staff to the location of the call.
- Gather residents for the scheduled activity.
- Set up and start the activity on time.
- Lead daily activities that are scheduled for your shift.
- Know where the locations of all supplies for activities.
- Document attendance of activities.
- Keep the activity room clean at all times.
- Keep the activity storage room clean at all times.
- Sort & distribute mail to rooms.
- During downtime visit with residents and/or plan for upcoming activities.
- Help serve meals in the dining room if time permits.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Activity Director, Administrator or Manager
- High school diploma or GED
- Willingness to work with the elderly.
- Have the spirit of kindness and compassion, as well as common sense.
- Ability to calmly handle situations with multiple demands at the same time.
- Be able to keep confidentiality.
- Be able to get along with fellow employees.
- Ability to work a rotation of any day, evenings and weekends as needed.