You are here
Responsible for preparation of resident meals in accordance with dietary standards and in a tasteful and appetizing manner of presentation.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following. The cook:
- Prepares food as per recipes and menu plan, taking into consideration the need for availability of substitutes per resident choice and/or per need for modification to diet.
- Checks and maintains proper food temperatures according to dietary standards.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate supply of coffee
- Prepares trays for sick residents as requested by the nursing staff.
- Lunchtime: preparation of meals for apartment residents per schedule.
- Washes dishes, pots, and pans.
- Cleans kitchen/sanitizes equipment in preparation for the next meal.
- Directs and assists in putting away food and kitchen supplies as delivered.
- Keeps the working area up to health and sanitation standards.
- Supervises dietary aide as needed. Assists in bussing tables after meals. Other duties that may be assigned or needed from time to time.
- Helps with cleaning duties in the kitchen as assigned by the Dietary Manager
- Other duties assigned by the Dietary Manager
High school graduate preferred.
Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Food Handler's Card required
- At least two years of institutional food service experience
- Supervisory experience desirable
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.; to carry trays; to bend and stretch as necessary; to use the standard kitchen appliances (including the grill, steamer, convection oven, meat slicer, dish machine), and to utilize the vacuum cleaner and mop
- Must be capable of completing the assigned duties in the time allotted
- Must be able to relate to the elderly; be courteous and helpful at all times; be flexible; and patient with residents and their changing needs
- Appearance must be clean and neat; wears a hair net and observes proper personal hygiene practices