You are here
Supervisor: Nurse on Duty, Administrator & Manager
Summary of the position: Provides personal care services to residents including, but not limited to the following: walking, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, eating, toileting, getting in and out of bed and/or supervision required because of age or mental impairment.
- Assist residents with bathing, grooming, dressing (including assistance in selecting clothing), oral hygiene, toileting (frequently for some), and other tasks as needed. Assistance provided may be physical (e.g. hands-on washing or helping in or out of the tub) or simply verbal cueing (reminders/supervision with ADL’s)
- Assist residents to gather soiled clothing for laundry.
- Assists residents to put clean laundry away in closet, drawers
- Assist residents to straighten their rooms if cluttered to avoid falls/tripping.
- Offer residents fluids in between meals
- Remind residents of daily schedule; encourage participation in activities and assist with activities whenever possible.
- Notifies nurses if the resident shows signs or symptoms of possible health-related problems or changes in behaviors.
- Provides input into service plan through discussion with a nurse.
- Completes the belongings sheet as part of the admission process.
- Assists resident &/or family in sending clothes to be marked in the laundry.
- Assist residents or family members with the packing of belongings upon discharge or transfer.
- Initiate activities with residents who appear to have been sitting in the lobby for long periods of time.
- Notify nursing if the resident has any abnormal markings or skin discolorations detected while assisting with showers.
- Completion of ADL sheets/shift, documentation and PCA notes.
- Assist residents to their seats in the dining room and remove walkers as necessary
- Assist dietary with serving meals, clean up and set up of the dining room.
- Other duties as assigned by nurse, manager or administrator that is within the scope of practice.
Experience: High School diploma or equivalent; on-the-job training related to the position, i.e. personal care
Ability to communicate with residents, families, and other staff members
Walking, bending, standing most of the day.
Ability to maintain a sense of compassion and respect for all residents at all times.